Social Innovation Acceleration Program
We want to ensure that every teacher in Indonesia has access to quality free educational resources via:
- Educational portal linking all freely available Indonesian language content and lesson plans to the National Curriculum.
- Offline WiFi servers that bring this same content to areas without internet.
Plus, we want to give all children the opportunity to create via blogging, website creation and coding by:
- Making courses available on our portal & offline.
- Facilitating the creation of coding & tech clubs throughout Indonesia.
- A travelling school that brings these experiences to children & educates teachers.
“Imagine if your young child attended a school that did not have books, electricity, or the Internet.
What educational opportunities would he or she be denied?” *
- Teachers & students appear mostly unaware of the large amount of quality free educational materials available online.
- Government-provided materials are distributed across several sites, so it is not simple to know if material exists for a particular subject.
- Everyone with poor internet access is left out.
- Worldwide, countries are expecting a shortage of IT workers.
- Indonesian business is rapidly moving online but many people outside of the major metropolitan centers are left out.
- Many people:
- Believe that Facebook is the internet & they never venture further.
- Are unaware that they too can actively participate.
- Are unable to recognize digital scams, hoaxes & fake news.
(1) Online Educational Portal:
- Portal to the best free educational material in Indonesian, that speaks to Indonesians.
- Resources for educators, such as lesson plans.
- Support forum for educators to get peer support.
- Weekly chat for educators.
(2) Offline Educational WiFi Server:
- The same educational materials provide in a portable offline WiFi server ($400).
(3) Traveling School:
- Show how to install and use our offline WiFi Server.
- Show that they can self-learn.
- Spark an interest in tech subjects.
- Show that educators don’t need previous tech experience as long as they are willing to learn with the children.
- Motivate them to start after-school clubs.
Travel School Pitch – Slides
Educational Web & Offline Portal Pitch – Slides